|Job Title||Call In-Take / Allscripts Representative|
|Reports to||Dispatch Manager|
|Pay Grade||$12.00 to $16.00/hour depending on experience|
$12.00 to $16.00 per hour (depending on experience)
2 positions available (both require 1 weekend day per month):
10:00 am to 6:30 pm
2:00 pm to 10:30 pm
The Call In-Take/Allscripts Representative is responsible for answering all incoming calls and electronic calls timely and in an efficient manner while maintaining the minimum production standards set by the Dispatch Manager. The Call In-Take/Allscript Representative must accurately schedule transports in the Right CAD System. Under general supervision, he/she receives emergency and non-emergency calls, identifies the most appropriate level of service (e.g. BLS, ALS, CCT, WC), and maintains communication with the dispatcher(s) as needed.
Call In-Take/Allscripts Job Duties:
- Answer emergency and non-emergency calls from the public, hospitals and nursing home facilities.
- Accept incoming calls from carriers, providers, customers, and patients.
- Receive transport requests by telephone and or an electronic format from hospitals and nursing homes.
- Effectively and accurately schedule transports in Right CAD.
- Enter, update, and retrieve information from a variety of computer systems.
- Process all necessary paperwork received through Allscripts in a timely manner.
- Obtain all pertinent clinical information including patient demographics and insurance information for transports in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Answer all inquiry calls. Follow-up on inquiry calls to schedule and or re-schedule potential transports.
- Develop and maintain a positive work climate and support the overall mission of the department.
- Regularly communicate with other team members and interface in a positive, constructive, and helpful manner to promote cohesiveness, reduce conflict and provide resolution.
- Update and or modify patient demographics and insurance information into the billing system.
- Log and note all cancelled transports in Right CAD and notify the supervisor and or manager of the cancelled call(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- EMT or Paramedic experience preferred;
- Certification in Coding and Billing preferred.
- Understanding of medical terminology preferred.
- HIPAA requirements.
- Understanding of Emergency Medical Services, Medical transportation services, or similar environment is preferred.
- Work in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Convey a sense of competence and commitment.
- Use initiative to learn new skills, enhance personal knowledge and improve communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with team members.
- Communicate a willingness to help others succeed.
- Share workspace and resources as necessary.
- Ability to perform tasks efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to gain an understanding of current organizational structure, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Flexible with shifting daily priorities.
- Handle large volume of work and or telephone calls.
- Ability to meet, exceed, or sustain established standards for productivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Ability to accurately type 35 wpm.
- Ability to concentrate and evaluate information when handling callers.
- Occasional light lifting of paper files and office equipment (up to 15 pounds).
- Mandatory and or voluntary overtime.
- Office environment (cubicles).
- Copy machine, scanners, fax machine.
- Personal computer, telephone.